Ecoflight is Hiring!
Video Editor/Digital Asset Manager (DAM) Position available immediately
EcoFlight educates and advocates for the protection of remaining wild lands and wildlife habitat using small aircraft. The aerial perspective and our educational programs encourage an environmental stewardship ethic among citizens of all ages.
Many of our flights produce spectacular footage of landscapes, and we document threats and potential protection options. EcoFlight’s videos create a meaningful impact by using the bird’s eye-view to educate a wide audience about public lands conservation issues and encouraging stakeholders to take action. The EcoFlight office has a small, tight-knit staff who are passionate about the outdoors and protecting wild places.
About the position
EcoFlight is looking for a talented team player. We will provide the exciting aerial perspective, and we need you to provide editing skills, a passion for storytelling, and a commitment to advocating for public lands in the West. You will work with EcoFlight staff and a diverse community of passionate conservation advocates to produce short educational films from both archival and new aerial content.
The Video Editor/Digital Asset Manager is a full-time position based in Aspen, Colorado.
- Work with EcoFlight staff and conservation partners to produce short films and be prepared to revise them when changes are needed.
- Curate EcoFlight’s vast collection of photo and video content pertaining to public lands conservation campaigns.
- Archive and process digital footage from EcoFlight missions.
- Archive, develop and manage photos from flight missions and work with EcoFlight staff to distribute relevant content to partners and media.
- Prep camera equipment for flight missions.
- Respond to requests from our conservation partners and oversee the distribution of photos, videos and messaging to ensure effective campaigns.
- Help staff manage social media accounts – create timely and engaging content using relevant images from flight missions. Coordinate with conservation partners on strategic messaging and timing.
- Additional duties include researching public lands issues, writing blog posts to accompany photos on social media, managing YouTube channels and updating website content.
We are seeking an energetic, creative and organized professional who ideally has the following skills:
- Good level of expertise in video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Expertise in editing photos with Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
- Good storytelling skills
- Ability to manage multiple photo and video projects at a time
- Extreme level of attention to detail, both for archival and in-progress video edits
- Familiarity with Google Earth or other mapping applications
- Familiarity with various digital formats including GoPro and 360-degree video
- Ability to process footage for YouTube, DropBox, and/or broadcast quality content to make it available to EcoFlight partners and the public
EcoFlight is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive organization and conservation movement to fully represent and engage all communities across the West, and to build an equitable and inclusive a movement. Recruiting staff that better reflects the demographics of the Western US is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, race, ethnicity, geographies, political affiliations, and all other identities. EcoFlight is based at the Aspen Airport Business Center, and is an easy location to access from anywhere in the Roaring Fork Valley.
This is a full-time, salaried position with generous vacation benefits that include 21 days of paid time off in the first year, health-care coverage, and professional training opportunities. Starting salary range is low 40s based on skills and experience. EcoFlight is open to discussing a contract position.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume no later than 7/31/2021.