EcoFlight Safety Procedures
EcoFlight board and staff take safety very seriously, and maintain rigorously high standards for airplane maintenance and pilot training. We endeavor to keep the planes and pilot training to standards outlined by FAA part 135, even though we are only required to follow standards as set forth by FAA part 91.
Our pilots are highly skilled professionals, not volunteers, who fly with focus and dedication to safety, and are very thorough in flight-planning and pre-flight airplane inspections.
Both pilots are certified flight instructors, have been flying for a combined 50 years and together have over 17,000 flying hours.
On the date of an overflight EcoFlight always has someone on the ground monitoring flight operations, and we utilize the latest in-flight tracking hardware used in Mountain Rescue protocols to secure additional flight following. Each landing and take-off is recorded.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, EcoFlight initially conducted virtual flights, with a smaller percentage of in-person flights. As vaccination measures increase, we are flying more actual passengers; and as such, EcoFlight is requiring the following health and safety procedures:
- Passengers are required to be vaccinated, and we are willing to fill the airplane (5 seats)
- If an important potential passenger is unvaccinated for medical reasons, please communicate with us and we can run a flight at reduced capacity, to allow extra space between passengers
- Airplane seats, safety belts and headsets are cleaned and sanitized after each flight
- Passengers are required to wear masks, practice social distancing and stay home if they or anyone around them is experiencing symptoms
- EcoFlight pilots practice strict health and safety measures to ensure that all passengers feel comfortable
- Vents are above each passenger seat. Please ensure they are open to have fresh outside air flowing through the plane at all times
- Passengers provide contact information for contact tracing
EcoFlight is taking precautions to maximize the health and safety of our passengers during the COVID-19 global pandemic. EcoFlight requires everyone to wear masks in the airplane, and if needed, we can provide passengers with masks as an extra precaution.
Thank you for understanding and doing your part to help keep everyone safe and healthy!
– The EcoFlight Team